In 2017, I worked on five home sales where all furnishings were included in the sale, sometimes right down to silverware, towels, linens, and decorative items. The sellers took away only personal items.
Even now, I am working with two different properties where buyers requested in their offer that the furniture is to be left with the house.
Sometimes it makes good sense to offer a home fully furnished or turn key.
Especially in areas where many people own vacation, winter, or second homes, it is convenient to leave the furnishings with the house when it sells.
For this same reason, some buyers specifically look for homes that include furniture and other furnishings. Sometimes, buyers make offers that include furnishings even though the home has not been offered as a furnished home.
There are some advantages and disadvantages to selling
your Spring Hill home fully furnished:
On the Plus Side:
1. sellers don't incur moving expenses or at least can keep them to a minimum.
2. buyers can move right in and also don't incur moving expenses or need to buy furniture at a store.
3. the inconvenience of moving is kept to a minimum
On the Con side:
4. not every buyer also wants to buy or keep your furniture. Putting your Spring Hill home on the market and expecting it to sell fully furnished will limit the number of buyers that would be interested in it and it could serve as a deterrent for some buyers.
5. mortgage lenders do not lend money on furnishings and furnishings are not taken into consideration in appraisals. Therefore, furniture needs to be excluded from the home sale and handled separately between the parties. Most of the time, this will mean that furnishings are left for the convenience of the seller.
6.you will need to prepare a detailed inventory list so that there will not be any questions about what items are included.
When the topic of selling the house with the furniture comes up, my advice to sellers is to keep an open mind.
You can certainly offer your home for sale fully (or partially) furnished but stay flexible and be prepared NOT to sell it furnished if a buyer who doesn't want the furniture is interested in making an otherwise acceptable offer.
And for both buyers and sellers, keep your eyes on the "big prize".
Your primary concern is to buy or sell a house. Any personal property such as furnishing should be of secondary concern if at all so don't let a dining room table or sofa bed stand in the way of your primary goal.
For more information about marketing your Spring Hill home for sale,
or a home sales market update report for your neighborhood,
please contact me by email or call 352-584-7441 today!
For more information about Hernando County Homes and Land for sale including Spring Hill and the communities of Timber Pines, Glen Lakes Golf and Country Club, Silverthorn, and Hernando Beach , please call or visit my website!
Silvia Dukes PA, Broker Associate
Tropic Shores Realty, 3441 Deltona Blvd, Spring Hill, FL 34606
Phone: 352-584-7441 Email: SilviaDFL@yahoo.com Website: www.SilviaDukes.com
Copyright (c) Silvia Dukes 2006-2020. All Rights Reserved.
Listing and real estate market information is current as of the date it was posted but subject to changes.
All content, including text and photographic images, is the exclusive property of Silvia Dukes, P.A. and may not be used without expressed written permission.