You just hired me as your Realtor to market your Spring Hill home for sale and we are now scheduling a time for the photos of your home to be taken.
Remember these photos will be used in all the marketing materials that may include postcards and flyers, as well as the multiple listing service and a multitude of internet sites. These photos will be the first impressions that prospective buyers will have of your home before they decide whether they will make a real life appointment.
Here are some tips in five areas to prepare ahead of time to ensure your home will be showcased from its best side:
1. General Preparation: this includes a good cleaning of the home including
- vaccuuming of carpets,
- mopping of hard floors,
- dusting fan blades and base boards,
- cleaning windows,
- removing dirty dishes to name just a few.
2. Remove Personal and other Excess Items:
- Put away jackets, shoes and other clothing,
- remove most personal photos and knick knacks,
- remove holiday decorations that you may have so the photos won't be dated by a particular season,
- remove kitchen refrigerators,
- hide garbage cans,
- clear countertops in kitchen and baths, and so on.
3. Spruce Up if Needed:
- Open blinds and window treatments,
- replace burned out light bulbs,
- use decorative place settings and pillows,
- feature a center piece on the dining room table,
- make all beds,
- organize/declutter bathrooms and place decorative towels.
4. Kids and Pets:
- Store toys away in toy boxes or on shelves,
- hide food and water bowls,
- hide pet crates, beds, and litter boxes,
- keep pets out of the way during the photo shoot
- Close the garage doors,
- hide trash cans,
- roll up/hide water hoses,
- clean entry area, lanais, porches, terraces of spider webs and leaves,
- clean pool area and pool and turn on water features if y ou have them,
- arrange outdoor furniture
- remove cars from drive ways during the photo shoot.
As with everything, a little preparation can go a long way not only for the photo session itself. Buyers love clean homes that appear loved and well maintained and all of these preparations will convey that.
There will be many photos taken of your home during this session, at a minimum all rooms from all angles, sometimes with different cameras or lenses, in addition to special features.
And while photos sometimes can be touched up to an extent, for example, to take out an unnoticed item on an otherwise uniform surface or background, it may not be perfect and may require a repeat photo session. It will be simpler to take care of issues that may distract from your home before the photos are taken.
If you are interested in finding out more about marketing your Spring Hill, Hernando Beach, or Brooksville home for sale, please contact me by email or call 352-584-7441.
For more information about Hernando County Homes and Land for sale including Spring Hill and the communities of Timber Pines, Glen Lakes Golf and Country Club, Silverthorn, and Hernando Beach , please call or visit my website!
Silvia Dukes PA, Broker Associate
Tropic Shores Realty, 3441 Deltona Blvd, Spring Hill, FL 34606
Phone: 352-584-7441 Email: SilviaDFL@yahoo.com Website: www.SilviaDukes.com
Copyright (c) Silvia Dukes 2006-2017. All Rights Reserved.
Listing and real estate market information is current as of the date it was posted but subject to changes.
All content, including text and photographic images, is the exclusive property of Silvia Dukes, P.A. and may not be used without expressed written permission.